The measure will improve the well-being and health of citizens and future generations by providing different proposals affecting the well-being of the ecosystem, environments, cities, and individuals. The ultimate goal will be to drive towards a net-zero future and decarbonize the EU’s energy system, by reducing net greenhouse gas emissions by at least 55% by 2030.
The blocks involved in the plan are the followings; climate, energy, agriculture, industry, environment, and oceans, transport, finance and regional development and research and innovation in order to achieve. Regarding energy transition, there are three main benefits included in the plan; getting fresh air, clean water, healthy soil and biodiversity, boosting energy efficient buildings and having cleaner energy and cutting-edge clean technological innovation.
Data gathered shows that more than 75% of the EU’s greenhouse gas emissions originated because of production procedures. Here, we can identify who are the most concerning players regarding greenhouse gas emissions.
The Commission has proposed key objectives that will drive to achieve the ultimate goal. The goals included in the energy transition block are;
1) Build interconnected energy systems and better-integrated grids to support renewable energy sources across different geographical areas.
2) Promote innovative technologies and modern infrastructure.
3) Boost energy efficiency and eco-design of products.
4) Decarbonise the gas sector together with the promotion of smart integration across sectors.
5) Empower consumers and help EU countries to tackle energy poverty.
6) Promote across the EU energy standards and technologies and extrapolate to a global level.
7) Develop the full potential of Europe’s offshore wind energy.
Ampowr’s strategy and culture are highly aligned with the proposals included in the EU Green Deal. Our systems greatly contribute to the energy transition and the climate, while directly decreasing our customer’s climate footprint. We help our customer base to make more informed decisions that can directly impact their climate actions with smart energy storage systems. We want to inspire the energy industry and its stakeholders as a whole to act responsibly and contribute to solving world climate challenges and meeting net zero by 2050.
Together, we navigate towards a decarbonization process. Our experts research our customer’s needs and technical requirements in order to propose customized solutions, making your business more renewable while mitigating their CO2 emissions.